We respect the privacy of visitors to our website and who use our services. We recognise that when you choose to provide us with information about yourself, you trust us to act in a responsible manner. That’s why we have put a policy in place to protect your personal information. Please read on for more details about our privacy practices.
What information do we collect? How do we use it?
At times we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information, which may include sensitive personal information. Generally this information is requested when you apply for our products and/or services. We may gather and use information about you in the following ways:
- We will use your personal information and information we obtain from other sources for dealing with your enquiries, administration and customer services considering and processing your application for our products and/or services, for marketing, for credit searches and to ensure that the content services and advertising that we offer are tailored to your needs and interests. We may share your information with service providers and agents for these purposes.
- In assessing your application for credit, to prevent fraud, to check your identity and to prevent money laundering, we may (i) search the files of credit reference agencies Equifax and/or Experian (or any other credit reference agency that we may use from time to time) who will record any credit searches on your file; (ii) check your details with CIFAS (or any other fraud prevention agency from time to time; and (iii) disclose details of how you conduct your account to such agencies. The information will be used by other credit grantors for making credit decisions about you and the people with whom you are financially associated, for fraud prevention, money laundering prevention and occasionally for tracing debtors. Information used for these purposes will include publicly available information such as electoral roll, County Court Judgements, bankruptcy orders or repossessions. We will also pass on any information you provide to us and any information we collect from other sources about you to potential lenders.
- We may ask credit reference agencies to provide a credit scoring computation. Credit scoring uses a number of factors to work out risks involved in any application. A score is given to each factor and a total score obtained. Where automatic credit scoring computations are used, acceptance or rejection of your application will not depend only on the results of the credit scoring process.
- We may disclose personal data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- We intend to continue improving the content and function of our website. For this reason, we may monitor customer traffic patterns and website usage to help us improve the design and layout of our website and provide content that we think will be of interest.
- We may keep your information for a reasonable period for these purposes.
- By providing us with your personal information you consent to our processing your personal information for the above purposes. You also consent to our transferring your information to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK, if necessary, for the above purposes. If we do make such a transfer, we will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure your information is protected.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google undertakes not to associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Please also note that when you register with firstname.lastname@example.org, we offer you a cookie to save your login details. This means you will not need to use your username and password to access our content when using the computer on which the cookie is stored. However, you will still need to use your username and password to access your profile. The cookie file itself does not store your personal information.
How do we use your information for marketing?
We may share your information with our business partners for marketing purposes or we may send you information about other organisations’ goods and services. We may contact you by mail, telephone, fax, email or other electronic messaging service with offers of products, services or information that may be of interest to you. By providing us with your contact details you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or our business partners other than on the goods and/or services which you have requested information about, please indicate this when submitting your personal information or contact us using the details below.
How do we protect your information?
We take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
You should note that if our business (or any part of it) is sold or transferred at any time, the information we hold may form part of the assets transferred, although your personal information will still only used in accordance with this policy. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions from this policy at any time so you are encouraged to review this policy from time to time. We will, of course, notify you of any changes where we are required to do so.
You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected.
When and how to contact us
If your personal information changes, if you change your mind about any of your marketing preferences or if you have any queries about how we use your information, please let us know by contacting our mailing exclusion team at:
Midland Credit Ltd
Mill House Business Centre